Breyer Custom Latigo Dun It - Smart Chic Olena Mold

As I have been progressing throughout my model horse world, I have been working on customizing and painting my  model horses. I did get a rotary tool for Christmas so pretty soon I will go to drastic customizing. Smarty Jones to an eventing horse anyone?
Haras Du Pin, National Stud, Haras, Great Full, Jumping

Anyways, I haven't gotten that far yet, but I am planning on doing something like that some year. Meanwhile, I have been busy painting, and I recently did a custom Latigo Dun It (I also have a breyer Bandera in progress. Gloss finish, everybody!).

Here he is in all of his finished glory.


I use nail polish for the gloss. I know that it's not the "in" thing to do anymore, but, hey, it works!




I really have no idea what to do with the bottom of  hooves. Maybe I should look up reference pictures...


I was pretty pleased with the end results. The silver mane was originally on the mold. The dark coat was achieved with an acrylic chocolate brown paint layer with pastels as shading. Eyes and white markings were acrylics as well. I know that airbrushing or a complete pastel coat are preferred for show models, but I find an acrylic base is easier to work with. Besides, this model wasn't show worthy anyway (at least not in a NAN sort of way).

I hope you like this big guy. My final Bandera custom will be up shortly!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Odd Horse Color

After A Couple Of Years (And multiple customs)...

More Customs...