Black Horse Ranch Grey Clydesdale, Newest Custom, & Other Things

I am so good at posting stuff regularly... once a month. I ought to be ashamed of myself, but somehow I just can't bring myself to be so. I recently finished a foal custom and sent her off to her new owner.


I also finished my BreyerFest Diorama. It is going to be submitted tomorrow.




I'm pretty satisfied with it. There are a few things that could use tweaking but I think I will leave it as is.

Finally, I also received a new Black Horse Ranch Resin Clydesdale today. Yay! I name almost all of my horses after United States ships including Johnston, (a destroyer):
USS Johnston
By U.S. Navy photo NH 63495, Public Domain, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=2277243

Phoenix (a cruiser):
USS Phoenix
By U.S. Navy - U.S. Navy photo [1] from Navsource.org, Public Domain, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=2241808

And Intrepid (a carrier), who has not yet arrived:
Exclusive Models - BreyerFest 2020 - BreyerHorses.com
Image credit goes to BreyerHorses.com
USS Intrepid (CV-11) in the Philippine Sea, November 1944
By Unknown author - U.S. Navy photo NH 97468, Public Domain, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=85099

I am thinking I will keep my new Clydesdale in the same pattern:





I really did want to name him Shannon, but it seemed too much like the Breyer Shire Shannondell. I don't want his name to sound so similar, especially when they look so similar.
Identify Your Breyer - Shire Gelding
Breyer Shannondell. Image credit goes to IdentifyYourBreyer.com

So what name do I give him is the question? So far, all of the ships I have were involved in the Battle of Leyte Gulf and the Battle of Samar during WWII. I decided to name him Samuel after the destroyer USS Samuel B. Roberts, also in the Battle of Samar. His nickname will be Sam, which I really like. Sam the Clydesdale. It has a nice ring to it. Welcome to the herd, Sam!

USS Samuel B. Roberts (DE-413) off Boston, Massachusetts (USA), circa in June 1944 (NH 90603).jpg
By U.S. Navy photo NH 90603, Public Domain, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=4410627












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Odd Horse Color

After A Couple Of Years (And multiple customs)...

More Customs...