Latest Customs

I have been working on a lot of customs lately. I have been able to try new bodies and colors (and find out which horses I would like to add to m herd without having to pay for them). The nice thing about commissioned customs is a lot of horses cross my desk, so I can decide which ones I like and son't like without actually having to keep them.

Meanwhile, here are the progress pictures of all (most) some of them.


You can see the re-sculpted Brunello in his new base coat sitting behind the PAM.



For my horses, I use a base coat of acrylic. My favorite color is Brown or Red Iron Oxide. I can use this color on virtually any horse from Bay, Silver, Chesnut, to Black. Next, there comes layer after layer of pastels and matte varnish.

After that, comes the mane, eyes, and markings. These are my final stages of painting. After that comes the finish of the buyer's choice. While matte is by far the favorite, gloss finish is the more durable of the two.

How do you do your customs? What are your materials? Let me know in the comments below!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Odd Horse Color

After A Couple Of Years (And multiple customs)...

More Customs...