Taking Care of Horses

Earlier this year, before COVID-19, I had the opportunity to take care of the horses for a friend. He had two geldings and two mares. While he was showing me what to do, I had the opportunity to talk with him about my hopes of getting riding lessons and maybe actually owning a horse. Suffice to say, he ended up offering me riding lessons on his registered Tennessee Walker/Crabbet Arabian Cross Rolling Thunder. (The picture makes him look sickle hocked)

 He also offered me the ownership of this mare in exchange for chores.

I was naturally thrilled, but was bothered by the fact that I will soon be leaving home to finish my Bachelors Degree. However, he still offered the riding lessons and would teach me how to train Sweetheart, who has never had a rider or saddle on her before.

The COVID-19 never allowed that to happen, but I still enjoyed taking care of his 30 y.o. Crabbet Arabian Hannah. She is Rolling Thunder's mom.

It also afforded me the opportunity to take fun pictures of the horses. Enjoy!




Let me know if you can see the pictures!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Odd Horse Color

After A Couple Of Years (And multiple customs)...

More Customs...