An Odd Horse Color

I just recently received a new order for a custom, and this is the picture I received:

I took a look at the picture and had the typical thought process of, "What a pretty horse. Plain, simple bay. That will be easy enough. Silly guy has clearly been laying down, look at all that dust [I realized my mistake later]! What a nice barn... etc."

And the the detail pictures started rolling in and I got the shock and thrill of my life. What a fun custom to do! And what a strange color. As her owner says, "I like to say she’s part zebra." 

Yes, I would say that is accurate... Look at those legs!

Part Okapi might be more accurate.

And look at that back! Does this count as counter-shading?

The colors doesn't stop there. It also extends to her front legs...

And her brightly colored face.

Thank you C for letting me post these pictures on my blog! Your mare is stunning and I look forward to getting started on her!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

After A Couple Of Years (And multiple customs)...

More Customs...